Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Leasing A Big Truck
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-02 1:22 PM
1 replies, 4761 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Arizona777
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-06-02 12:35 PM (#931)
Subject: Leasing A Big Truck

Cactus Flower

Does anyone have any advice or experience with leasing to own a truck for your business? I've had some bad experiences leasing personal vehicles, but this lease seems different with no penalty for early pay off, and a low residual payment at the end. It seems like the way to go for business purposes. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MrTruck
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2006-06-02 1:22 PM (#932 - in reply to #931)
Subject: RE: Leasing A Big Truck

You want to get advice from your accountant. Some are for and some against. If your business has enough income to offset expenses and you can write off the whole cost of the lease, it might be good. Leases can be complicated on purpose. Terms are different, but the hardest thing to translate is the "cost of money factor" which is close to interest. Find a chart that converts cost of money factor to an apr. Some where in a hundred boxes in the barn, is my chart.

Consumer leases have to be closed end by law. Business leases can be open end where you pick the residual by how many miles you drive. Remember that a lease is like borrowing a truck, you can't modify it as much as if you owned it as in chips, exhaust brakes etc. without endangering the warranty.

I leased my car this year because it's the first year for this model and has a more uncertain resale value. Also the first year of a vehicle usually gets a higher residual because the manufacture optimism. So do your homework, decide how many miles per year you'll drive. Mileage penalties are lower now. But a new round of 0 interest is coming from Ford and then for a change GM will follow. 0 interest puts a cramp on leases. I"ve leased a couple of vehicles and sold a few thousand leases.

Sales folk like leases because they are confusing. So get all your questions answered and go through the fleet department on a business lease and take your time.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)