Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
02 Dodge Cumming with problem SINCE a super chip
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-26 9:31 AM
2 replies, 6725 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

old tub turner
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2007-12-29 6:55 PM (#2204)
Subject: 02 Dodge Cumming with problem SINCE a super chip

Ok first off I know......... I should have left well enough alone... but... I had a new lift pump put on my truck last friday.. wasnt giving me ANY problems but the mechanic said I had 0 pds of pressure and it would ruin my injecter pump.. was getting ready to leave of the trip from he!! so do that, get a KW air filter and have a bug in my craw I needed a "chip".. everyone RAVES about the increase in fuel mileage.... well my 02' 3/4 ton cummings was already getting about 18 mpg pulling my 3H and 20-22 empty on the highway.. so I put in the chip... we leave from Tyler, fill up... Opalassous La is 224 miles... I was out of fuel.. less than 8 mpg!!! I AM PISSED so I rant, rave, scream and holler (mostly at myself) so I reload the "chip" back into the hand held.. and my mpg only jumps back up to 10-11 mpg... Ok the drive has more hills than I expected, I was hauling 3 HUGE horses, dressing room was full and a cart on the hayrack in a cover (which they say is like having a parachute behind you) soooo I'm home and my truck is only getting about 14 mpg WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY TRUCK?? the jerk of a mechanic did give me my $ back for the chip but said there was NO way my truck was getting that kind of mpg before... Any ideas? have I ruined my computer? could I have messed something up? I have driven this truck almost 80K miles so I know what my mpg have been.... HELP!!! I am suppose to take it to a different shop on wed. but I am scared I have F'd up something really, really bad.......
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeff in TD
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-01-02 11:46 AM (#2208 - in reply to #2204)
Subject: RE: 02 Dodge Cumming with problem SINCE a super chip

Any codes?

Any idea how long your VP44 didn't have head pressure?
djkrash
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2008-03-26 9:31 AM (#2264 - in reply to #2204)
Subject: RE: 02 Dodge Cumming with problem SINCE a super chip

What kind of chip and handheld? Are you smoking now and no power? Do you have the extra gauges that you should have when installing a chip set(EGT,Boost,Trans temp and maybe Fuel press.)?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)