Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
HELP! Question F350
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-04 1:32 PM
2 replies, 5654 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Chaser
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-02 7:10 PM (#4939)
Subject: HELP! Question F350

Hi all, I need some advice. First off I have a 2005 F350 that I've literally had in the shop more often than I've driven it. It is my car and truck, hence use it to run the kids around ect. For the second time in two weeks I went to start it and nadda! would not turn over. Last time it was the fuel pump and an injector, WHICH, I just had two injectors replaced in November. So the delemma is it's paid for and under warranty yet. Hubby has a Dodge 3/4 ton that I use when my trucks in the shop. But, I also need a 1 ton to pull my 40 ft. Featherlite LG trailer (slideout). I at this point do not have an ounce of trust in this truck. Hubby says we can trade both trucks in on a new truck and our spare vehicle would be a little toyota or a hunting jeep. ???? I'm just wondering what everyone would do. Hubby says no truck payments hence the reason for trading both of our trucks in. (We are debt free )but worry about times when we may need two big trucks.

Also GMC or Dodge? Overall power and mileage?
Thanks, as you can tell this is really eating at me!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-03-03 11:01 PM (#4941 - in reply to #4939)
Subject: RE: HELP! Question F350

Chaser - 2010-03-02 7:10 PM

Hi all, I need some advice. First off I have a 2005 F350 that I've literally had in the shop more often than I've driven it. It is my car and truck, hence use it to run the kids around ect. For the second time in two weeks I went to start it and nadda! would not turn over. Last time it was the fuel pump and an injector, WHICH, I just had two injectors replaced in November. So the delemma is it's paid for and under warranty yet. Hubby has a Dodge 3/4 ton that I use when my trucks in the shop. But, I also need a 1 ton to pull my 40 ft. Featherlite LG trailer (slideout). I at this point do not have an ounce of trust in this truck. Hubby says we can trade both trucks in on a new truck and our spare vehicle would be a little toyota or a hunting jeep. ???? I'm just wondering what everyone would do. Hubby says no truck payments hence the reason for trading both of our trucks in. (We are debt free )but worry about times when we may need two big trucks.

Also GMC or Dodge? Overall power and mileage?
Thanks, as you can tell this is really eating at me!

FUEL PUMP? In a Powerstroke engine? Nevewr seen one! First off a "fuel pump" nor an injector would the truck NOT to turn over. One major problem with the 6.0 trucks is the injector control module located beside the drivers side battery. If it has not been replaced or re-flashed it needs to be done. There was a recall sent out about 3 years ago on trucks from 2003 to 2006. I wold like to have more details about you so called injector problems. The only injector problems I can find on the 6.0 truck is issues around wrong oil being used or wrong weight oil being used causing faulty misfire do to lack of lubrication to the injectors. These injectors work off of oil pressure and not fuel pumps.

My opinion the GM will have a hard time with that large of a trailer. The GM is more of a hot rod type truck and not a work truck. They are great for lighter loads and family driving but thats it!
Dodge on the other hand will pull the GM your Ford and you trailer at the same time. (or at least mine will) I have 2007.5 quad cab cab n chassis truck with the 6.7, auto and 4.10 gears. New the truck would only get 14 or so mg unloaded and 10 loaded but after 45-k miles and another 1200.00 in aftermarket programing and removing the fuel robbing crap the epa has to have, I now get 18mpg unloaded and 15 towing our Sundowenr 8010 Living Quarters 3 horse trailer with plenty of power to spare and never have to use the tow/haul mode.
Chaser
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-04 1:32 PM (#4942 - in reply to #4939)
Subject: RE: HELP! Question F350

Thanks for the response...... Very interesting I might say! Since I have very little knowledge of trucks and am only going by what the so called "mechanic" at the Ford dealer we work with says. I'll have to share this with my husband. I just know I don't have time for my truck to be down and know only the basics. I do know my trucks been in the shop 7 times in the last 6-8 months and we're getting the run around.

Glad to hear the dodge is a better work truck. I know my husbands Dodge by far has more power pulling than my Ford ever did. I guess we'll look in that direction.

Once again thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)