Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adding a rear seat in a Freightliner
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-20 7:52 PM
3 replies, 10835 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

KCinKC
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-15 2:22 PM (#4963)
Subject: Adding a rear seat in a Freightliner

I have a 2000 Freightliner FL70 extended cab. There is nothing back in the extend cab area so I would like to add a small fold up/down seat there if possible. Something that could seat one person very comfortably and maybe two people if they are not too big.

Has anyone done a modification like this before? If so, could you point me in the right direction of where to look for seats and mounting brackets? I was thinking something like a rear 60/40 split bench out of a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GMC, etc. extened cab but only installing the 60 potion of it right in the center of the Freightliner extended cab. I could probably find the seat in a junkyard but didn't know exactly what I should be looking for that might work the best. I'm sure I will have to do some fabrication to get them to mount but I would like to minimize that if I can.

Any advice, pro's, con's or things to watch out for would be apprecaited. Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-04-15 5:11 PM (#4964 - in reply to #4963)
Subject: RE: Adding a rear seat in a Freightliner

Not really enough room for a regular seat in the extended cabs. But what I have done in past was find a set of jump seats out of an older Ford or Dodge extended cab and with a little fabing they work great, will fit 2 poeple and still fold up out of the way.

Some 92 to 97 Fords had them, alot of the pre 90's had them and most of the early model Dodges come with jump seats.
iprabarrelracer
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2010-09-14 3:40 PM (#5069 - in reply to #4963)

Miss Southern Respect

I have a 2000 FL 70 as well and I took the bed out and put in a fold down seat from Sportschassis, of course there isn't any room to lay the seat down but it works.  Hubby did weld our own frame for it though.
KCinKC
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-09-20 7:52 PM (#5078 - in reply to #4963)

That's what I ended up doing, building my own rear seat. I found a few from conversion companies but they wanted between $800-$1100 for them. I was able to find some vinyl the same color as the existing interior to build the seat with. That, along with some foam, plywood and steel to build the frame and it came out to be less than $250 total. Looks like it came with the truck and it will seat 4 adults ! Plus can still use it as a bed if necessary.

Now if I can just figure out how to build a custom SS visor I'll be styling ! Thanks for the response.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)