Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Electronic Throttle Warning LIght
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-19 2:33 PM
3 replies, 8579 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Shade
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-07-14 7:08 AM (#5035)
Subject: Electronic Throttle Warning LIght

I have a F350 2005 Diesel Dually with 48,000 miles and I haul a horse trailer (3 horse slant load). The last two hauls a warning light has popped up on the dash that looks like a wrench. The manual says it is an Electronic Throttle Warning and puts the truck in "limp home safely" mode (the power is reduced). The warning light has happened after at least 45 minutes of driving and with a trailer attached with horses. Seems to be tied to the weight of the load and the heat. The dealer wants me to bring it in with the horse trailer and recreate the warning. Anyone else have this problem - HELP.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-07-16 10:56 PM (#5038 - in reply to #5035)
Subject: RE: Electronic Throttle Warning LIght

I have not seen that one before. (Dave, windy don't get mad I don't have a clue about problem so I am posting another website)

Go check out www.powerstroke.org, they have a section just for the 6.0 engines maybe you can find something there.
Shade
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-07-19 12:30 PM (#5045 - in reply to #5035)

I brought the truck into a different dealer service dept who was able to diagnose problem immediately with no trailer attached. Seems I need new EGR and the turbo cleaned. Of course, the truck is 2 months out of warranty and I had it checked thoroughly 2 weeks before warranty expired by another dealer. Expensive fix!
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-07-19 2:33 PM (#5046 - in reply to #5035)

Did they say how they would clean the turbo? Also if they are telling you that you need an egr valve have them check you egr cooler. If they repalce the egr valve and the cooler is leaking you are wasting your money and need to find someone else. If they tell you they can mot check the cooler you need to get your truck and find someone esle FAST......

My opinion if you have someone you trust that knows diesels, I would have them work on it and buy what is called an egr delete kit and cooler by-pass. This will really help the truck out and rid of any up comming problems with the egr system. All of this can be found on the website I listed above.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)