Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2010 Silverado 1500 with max trailering pkg
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-10-13 2:38 PM
0 replies, 6613 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

ArabHorseLover
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2010-10-13 2:38 PM (#5100)
Subject: 2010 Silverado 1500 with max trailering pkg

I currently pull my 3 horse gooseneck trailer with a 2008 F150 with trailering package (trailer loaded weighs under 7-8k).  It pulls well, stops wells, etc.  I normally only have 2 arabs in it at a time and although we go into some hilly areas (MN) we aren't near any mountains and normally pull every other weekend; trips are normally under 2 hours each way.

So I'm getting ready to trade in the 2008 and I'm trying to decide what to get; we were leaning towards a 2011 F250 but the payment will jump up about $100 a month and I'd rather not do that.

My husband worked in the car industry for 20 years and has a number of people looking for new or used with low miles trucks for us.  The chev dealer found a 2010 Silverado 1/2 ton with the max trailering pkg (9.5" rear axle, vortec 6.2L v8 with 403 hp, auto locking rear differential). Its rated to pull 10,600.   To me it sounds like more truck then I have now, but not as much as a 3/4 ton.

Do any of you have experience with this truck and hauling a horse trailer?  Oh and my last concern is that its a 69 inch bed.  My trailer is angled at the front - but am I going to knock the truck if I'm not watchful?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)