Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
f250 super duty alignment question
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-02-06 7:27 PM
1 replies, 6685 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

marta
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2011-02-06 7:25 AM (#5172)
Subject: f250 super duty alignment question

took my f250 FWD to a local shop to get a quote on alignment (truck hasn't had an alignment done since i bought it few years back, the front tires show wear on the inside and since i'm putting on new tires i want to make sure alignment is correct).

the guy at the shop tells me that it's $90 for the alignment but that if the offset cams need to be replaced then they're $150 a piece.

i tried googling the offset cams under every possible word combo (alignment cams, cam bolts, offset cams) but i'm not really getting any relevant hits. the one page that i found lists aftermarket alignment cams for $40 a piece!!!

could someone comment on the quote i was given on the alignment cams?

thanks in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2011-02-06 7:27 PM (#5175 - in reply to #5172)
Subject: RE: f250 super duty alignment question

ectrentic bushings not sure about the spelling but the FORD has adjustable cam bushings one the front ends.. Factory parts will run about $50 to $80 per side, aftermarket items should be about half that. So I would think maybe $150 total for both sides would be more correct.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)