Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Chevy duramax
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-02-10 10:25 PM
1 replies, 7011 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Kwarren
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2011-02-10 6:14 PM (#5180)
Subject: Chevy duramax

Anybody tell me the pros and cons about chevy duallys and duramax diesels. I drive a 2003 f250 7.3 diesel and recently traded horse trailers . The truck pulls trailer fine but I am concerned about pin weight. Trailer is all aluminum 8 wide with 11 foot short wall pin weight I am told is 2640. I am looking at a 2004 chevy 3500hd duramax.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2011-02-10 10:25 PM (#5181 - in reply to #5180)
Subject: RE: Chevy duramax

Well here is my opinion and I own a Dodge for my personal trailer rig (now). But I am also in the used car buisness too so I have bought, sold and used all 3 of these type trucks. If your truck is in good condition I would add a set of firestone airbags if you do not have them yet and keep it. The GM's are good trucks but the ones I have used have been lite in the rear end, meaning when hooked to a trailer they squat in the rear much more than the Dodge and Fords do. So I would say your F-250 would compair to the GM you are talking about and the only real plus would be if the GM truck had dual rear wheels instead of singles.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)