Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Time for a new truck.... HELP
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-10-09 1:16 PM
4 replies, 8768 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

ajs2002
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2012-02-14 12:03 PM (#5330)
Subject: Time for a new truck.... HELP

I am finally going to bite the bullet and get a new truck. I have been pulling for the past 10 years with a F250 with the 7.3. I love me truck. But the body is shot and its getting old sooo.....

I have also down sized on my trailer. I currently have a 2H Featherlite with a 6ft SW dressing room. Will usually have 2 horses and a weekends worth the stuff in it.

Can I get away with a 1/2 ton? and if so which motors are getting good reviews.

I am not going to be brand loyal this time. Any of the big 3 will do. I am looking for best mileage, best price and best rep for a good motor, trans.........

Thanks for any help.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2012-02-14 6:42 PM (#5333 - in reply to #5330)
Subject: RE: Time for a new truck.... HELP

I'd probably still go with the 3/4 ton, with the towing package. Or at least a transmission oil cooler.
ajs2002
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2012-02-16 9:56 AM (#5334 - in reply to #5330)

I am leaning towards sticking with a 3/4 ton. But its been so long since we have even paid attention to new trucks especially gas engines, was wondering what every was liked and disliked about the motors and just over all ratings for the trucks themselves.

TKleather
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2012-02-16 12:23 PM (#5335 - in reply to #5330)

My opinions so take em for what they are worth.

Just because you have an engine that has lots of power does not mean that you the truck will handle pulling a load. if all we worried about was horsepower then we would have mustangs and chargers with hitches on the roof. You need to look at suspensions, axles, transmissions and such.
Half tons do not have the same rear end set ups as 3/4 tons and might have the same engines in some cases but cant carry the same loads.
Okie-Go
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-10-09 1:16 PM (#5425 - in reply to #5330)

Give me a call if you want. I have one I am going to sell. 2012 3500 drw. 409-771-3098 pm me with you # and I'll call you if interested.
Okie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)