Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Light Issues...Please Help
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-14 12:55 PM
1 replies, 5056 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

ajmakris
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2008-10-13 5:32 PM (#2354)
Subject: Trailer Light Issues...Please Help

When I connect my trailer to my 2003 Ford F-250 the interior trailer lights (Living Quarters) do not come on. I have tried this with the key in & out of the ignition and with the key in run, but the lights do not come on. i noticed there is an illumination wire under the dash, not connect with the rest of the trailer brake connection wires. It is a brown wire. Should this be connected? Where? Your help is greatly appreciated. We are going on a trip 2nd weekend in NOV and it would be great to have this corrected.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-10-14 12:55 PM (#2358 - in reply to #2354)
Subject: RE: Trailer Light Issues...Please Help

Has this worked in the past for you, or are you just getting your truck and trailer set up to go for the first time? You might start with testing at the plug on your truck with a test light or volt meter. You should have voltage to an auxilary terminal. Depending on how your truck is wired it can be hot all the time, or just when the ignition is on. On my Ford, the aux power is fused, and the fuse is in the fuse box under the hood. That would be the first place I would check. Then I guess next would be pull the plug out and see if you even have a wire in to the aux. terminal, and if so to see which terminal it is wired into. You'll want tomake sure your truck and trailer are both the same.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)