Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
generator help
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-16 10:09 AM
1 replies, 5174 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

RunningBlood
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-10-15 8:21 PM (#2359)
Subject: generator help

Bargin Shopper

I have a 5000 watt generator that is several years old but hardly ever used. Every winter the gas is drained and the carb bowl. The generator will start and run fine, However when I put it under a load even a simple fan it will not rev up to produce the amount of power needed to run the fan at the correct speed. If I turn on the A/C it is starved for power and wont start up. I can have the fan on and manually rev the engine and the fan will speed up so I know it's not delivering the correct amount of power.

I have cleaned out the carb just to make sure it was clean. I cleaned the jets with a tiny wire and # drill bits for those that know how small those are. I have checked for air leaks and vacuum leaks.

My question is, Is there a relay/solenoide or any other power fluctuating component that could be bad not letting the governor work properly by not regulating the power load?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-10-16 10:09 AM (#2360 - in reply to #2359)
Subject: RE: generator help

I sure can't help you with how your generator works- you might try posting this on www.HorsetrailerWorld.com. Maybe someone over there will know what's going on with your generator.
Good luck!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)