folks on-line

Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses  -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 

Gooseneck towing Capacity
Moderators: windy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-08-09 2:46 PM
1 replies, 1657 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck TalkRefresh
Message format

martin531
Posted 2015-09-22 12:10 AM (#5536)
Subject: Gooseneck towing Capacity

I have a very simple question that I can't seem to get an answer to. Ford and Ram are both currently claiming towing capacities over 30k pounds on their one ton class trucks. but both are still currently using a gooseneck ball with the "popout" locking ball on the shaft of the gooseneck ball as their gooseneck hitch which is only rated to a gross trailer weight of 30k. Leading to my question, How are they "properly equipping" these trucks to tow in excess of over 30k with the gooseneck ball being rated for only 30K? Obviously a gooseneck ball will most likely never fail in that small of margin over rated capacity but legally that still does not seem to add up to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Posted 2016-08-09 2:46 PM (#5601 - in reply to #5536)
Subject: RE: Gooseneck towing Capacity

Depends on how much over 30K they're speaking of...

Likely using a pintle hitch on the back.  A 30 K trailer will likely overload the p/u's axles if a GN but a properly balanced BP could exceed 30 k pounds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

(Delete all cookies set by this site)