folks on-line

Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses  -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 

Husband and Wife Divided
Moderators: windy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-12-26 6:41 AM
1 replies, 1058 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck TalkRefresh
Message format

Inthecountry
Posted 2015-12-26 6:18 AM (#5549)
Subject: Husband and Wife Divided

I know you'll need more info, part of my questions are how do I go about getting that info.

Last fall I bought a 2003 GN Titan 3 horse living qtrs slant trailer. We didn't have a truck big enough to pull it so the former owners dropped it off and it is sitting in our barn till we get the truck to pull it. I believe it's both alum and steel.

I can't take it to a weigh station to find the empty weight since I don't have a trailer to take it there. I'm hoping to call the Titan company and they can tell me??? Not sure on that.

My husband wants to get a Ford F250 gas 4x4, extended cab, 6.5 box. He wants gas because that's what he's familiar with, he says that it'll be cheaper to work on if something goes wrong and doesn't have to deal with the special oil that diesels have and he doesn't like the smell of diesels are some of his major points. But, mostly because the trucks are cheaper. Here is an ad of the typical truck he would buy and we are looking at it this next week: http://www.donstireandauto1.com/2003_Ford_F250%20Super%20Duty_Butle... I don't know if this will come through, but, I think all the specs are there.

I on the other hand, want diesel 4x4, extended cab, 6.5 box. Hubby also says he'll only consider a Ford F250 I am very limited. Limited because I rule out all the 6.0L .

Because of the size of our garage we can't fit a crew cab, long box in there. We really can only accommodate an extended cab. 6.5 box. And, to be truthful, I would like that as well for driving, parking etc.

We live in Wis and have some hills, but, not mountains. My driving distance would only be two hours from home mostly. 120 miles would be the furthest two times a year, otherwise 60 miles on all other trips.

If the ad shows up for the truck he's interested in, please tell me what info I need to get to you as far as the specs on my trailer and I will do my best to get it to you. I'll also see if I can add pictures of the trailer if that will help.

Thanks.

(tre1.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tre1.png (42KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Inthecountry
Posted 2015-12-26 6:41 AM (#5550 - in reply to #5549)
Subject: RE: Husband and Wife Divided

Another pic of trailer.

(tr2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tr2.jpg (79KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

(Delete all cookies set by this site)