folks on-line

Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses  -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 

Buying new diesel truck - but which one?? - please educate me
Moderators: windy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-05-04 10:59 AM
0 replies, 814 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck TalkRefresh
Message format

pawandhoof
Posted 2016-05-04 10:59 AM (#5574)
Subject: Buying new diesel truck - but which one?? - please educate me

I am going to by a new truck in the next 30 days, but I am not sure if I want Ford, Dodge, or Chevy......... and is a 3500 enough or do I need 4500?
I want a 2015 or 2016 - new or slightly used. Diesel, 4x4, crew cab, dually, automatic transmission are all already known.

I have a large (15ft short wall, side out, 3 horse Cimarron LQ horse trailer). Truck will be used only for towing - it will not be a daily driver.
I want ample power to tow on the flat as well as in some pretty good hills as I will take longer trips into the mountains with it. Want a very stout transmission, engine and brakes!

Current truck is a 2006 so its time for a upgrade and I am tired of having unexpected problems when on the road. I know a new truck won't be a guarantee for no problems, but at least I will still have a warranty.

Please help me decide which truck is the best to go with. Planning to start test driving new ones this weekend, but I want to hear from people who have these trucks and what they like and dislike about them, and what features you feel are must haves or things to watch out for in them

Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

(Delete all cookies set by this site)