Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sportschassie.
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-01-01 8:59 PM
1 replies, 5163 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

fletch2ya
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-01-01 2:32 AM (#2394)
Subject: Sportschassie.

Ok I now have a freightliner sportschassie...
It has a 4.76 rearend. How easily can I change the rearend to a better road gear.. It has the 330hp edge ez chip. I am pulling a 3 horse slant with living quarters... Right now in 6th gear I am turning about 1800 rpms..
ANY help out there ......?????

thanks

Craig
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-01-01 8:59 PM (#2395 - in reply to #2394)
Subject: RE: Sportschassie.

fletch2ya - 2009-01-01 1:32 AM Ok I now have a freightliner sportschassie... It has a 4.76 rearend. How easily can I change the rearend to a better road gear.. It has the 330hp edge ez chip. I am pulling a 3 horse slant with living quarters... Right now in 6th gear I am turning about 1800 rpms.. ANY help out there ......????? thanks Craig

Changing your rear end ratio is usually just a function of money!    You need to decide if you are going to do it yourself or have it done, what ratio to change to, and if going with a used third member (if available in the ratio you want) is an option. If I were going with a new ring and pinion, I'd have a good big truck transmission or drive train shop do the work.
We don't do anything with chips, so I really can't say what that chip is doing. You said you've got 330 HP-what's the torque output? Does your truck have the CAT 3126, or 5.9 or 8.3 Cummins? I'm assuming an Allison 3060 trans? What's your speed at 1800 rpm, and what speed do you want to be able to cruise at normally? Are you going to do much pulling through mountains? It would also help to have the loaded weight of your rig(truck and trailer). With the answers to these questions, we can probably figure out if there is a better rear ratio for you.    

Bill 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)