Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
? re wheel alignment of a 4 wheel drive F250
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-03 11:08 PM
3 replies, 8103 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

marta
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2010-08-03 6:24 AM (#5055)
Subject: ? re wheel alignment of a 4 wheel drive F250

hope you can clarify something for me.

i bought a used 95 F250. had a new set of tires when i bought it. with driving it became obvious that the alignment was off since the tires showed uneven wear (thought i felt something while driving on the highway at high speed but wasn't sure if it was alignment or just the type of knobby tires that were on it).

anyway, took it to a shop to address the problem. when i picked it up they told me they weren't able to address all aspects of alignment b/c they don't have all the necessary equipment (which i found odd since they allegedly specialize in truck repair...).

my question is, what does alignment on a 4 wheel drive pick up include? i obviously have to find a shop that can take care of this before i go spending $ on new tires and want to sound at least semi-well versed in the issue.

thanks in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-08-03 10:04 AM (#5056 - in reply to #5055)
Subject: RE: ? re wheel alignment of a 4 wheel drive F250

What kind of tire wear are we talking about? Outter edge, inner edge high spots??? Are the tires leaning in on top while setting on level ground?

4x4 trucks are really not that hard to work on. They have something call ecentric (spell check) bushions that are used to align the front end.

If the tires have high spots or or uneven wear accross the tread it could be something as simple as shocks. Ford trucks are bad about having weak shocks from the factory and this is something most people overlook when doing upkeep on vehicles.
marta
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2010-08-03 6:56 PM (#5057 - in reply to #5055)

she needs new shocks. i didn't replace them when i got here. that's on the list. the wear is on the edge of the tire... inner edge i think (might be outer but definitely the very edge).

so from you posted and from what i found on the web, any shop should be able to do the alignment on this truck, no special equipment needed, right?
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-08-03 11:08 PM (#5058 - in reply to #5057)

RIGHT! Any good front end shop can do it. Outter wear could also be from heavy hauling as well.

I would start with new shocks first then get the front end check just to make sure. If you do haul with it let them know when you get it checked because they can make some adjustment to cover for hauling heavy before. You want this to drive right loaded and unloaded.

Hope this helps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)