Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for a truck: what engine?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-11-27 12:27 AM
5 replies, 9255 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Okie-Go
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-07-15 12:41 PM (#5372)
Subject: Looking for a truck: what engine?

I am looking for an m2 buisness class freightliner. I have my 4th cummins now in a Dodge. I have my own motor carrier authority. At four months I have 38k on it. At this rate in two years I'll owe more on it than the truck is worth. I really like the Cummins but a lot of the trucks I see for sale have the Cat in them. I am not mechanically inclined and don't like trouble on the road. Would the cat do or do I need to look for one with the 300 hp Cummins. Truck now is a 2012 3500 drw and 4.10 gears. Some of the big horse trailers I get a hold of just kind of whoop me. I do have air bags and an air ride hitch. Any help on the engine choice is apppreciated.
Okie-Go
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2012-07-24 1:26 PM (#5387 - in reply to #5372)
Subject: RE: Looking for a truck: what engine?

It sounds like you are hauling trailers full time? I'd probably look for something with a 9 to 11 liter engine in it. They will normally last longer than the smaller engines, and also have more torque, which means more power up the hills.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2012-08-18 7:55 PM (#5398 - in reply to #5372)

If all you are hauling is horses...you can pickup a used CAT8 that will have plenty of miles still available for haul horses, which is a lot less weight than the 70,000+ pound loads it was originally hauling
Okie-Go
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2012-08-30 12:34 PM (#5406 - in reply to #5372)

I found an 07 freightliner m2. Has the 330 mercedes and allison. Really like it so far. I pull empty trailers to dealers and a 32ft gn. I have my mc authority so needed a good one.
Okie
Oughyrd
Reg. Nov 2012
Posted 2012-11-26 10:33 AM (#5437 - in reply to #5372)

Okie-Go - 2012-07-15 12:41 PM

I am looking for an m2 buisness class freightliner. I have my 4th cummins now in a Dodge. I have my own motor carrier authority. At four months I have 38k on it. At this rate in two years I'll owe more on it than the truck is worth. I really like the Cummins but a lot of the trucks I see for sale have the Cat in them. I am not mechanically inclined and don't like trouble on the road. Would the cat do or do I need to look for one with the 300 hp Cummins. Truck now is a 2012 3500 drw and 4.10 gears. Some of the big horse trailers I get a hold of just kind of whoop me. I do have air bags and an air ride hitch. Any help on the engine choice is apppreciated.
Okie-Go

Lots of tough conditions to satisfy. Best of luck for a good deal..
Oughyrd
Reg. Nov 2012
Posted 2012-11-27 12:27 AM (#5439 - in reply to #5437)

Oughyrd - 2012-11-26 10:33 AM
Okie-Go - 2012-07-15 12:41 PM I am looking for an m2 buisness class freightliner. I have my 4th cummins now in a Dodge. I have my own motor carrier authority. At four months I have 38k on it. At this rate in two years I'll owe more on it than the truck is worth. I really like the Cummins but a lot of the trucks I see for sale have the Cat in them. I am not mechanically inclined and don't like trouble on the road. Would the cat do or do I need to look for one with the 300 hp Cummins. Truck now is a 2012 3500 drw and 4.10 gears. Some of the big horse trailers I get a hold of just kind of whoop me. I do have air bags and an air ride hitch. Any help on the engine choice is apppreciated. Okie-Go

Lots of tough conditions to satisfy. Best of luck for a good deal..

Have you got good deal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)