Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
dodge 2500 help
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-04 3:37 AM
2 replies, 7813 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

runnin.on.dreams
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2011-02-06 7:01 PM (#5173)
Subject: dodge 2500 help

so i'm in the market for a new-to-me truck so i'm trying to do all the research i can. please give me opinions on dodge 2500 (about years 2003-2005) diesel 4x4. i've heard about so many people having problems with f250s so i'm looking at dodges. thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2011-02-06 7:20 PM (#5174 - in reply to #5173)
Subject: RE: dodge 2500 help

These are in my opinion some of the BEST trucks on the road. The 2003 and early 2004 models are the best trucks for super fuel mileage. In late 04 there was some injector rail changes to turn up the actual horse power but the fuel mileage dropped a little, not bad. They was also pretty simple to work on as well.

Check for oil leaks and there is a 1" tube that runs down the drivers side of the engine just about in the center. (can be seen looking behind the driver side front tire toward the engine) With the truck running there should be no smoke coming from this tube, if there is find another truck because this is signs of wear. Also try and find one that has not been modified yet!

he only other issues these trucks have or had was a wobble on the front end at highway speeds. An easy fix but something to look into if looking at trucks.
johndglynn
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2011-03-04 3:37 AM (#5189 - in reply to #5173)
Subject: RE: dodge 2500 help

If in your mind is dodge 2500, i wanna say you find it right. As far as I could remember this model was been awarded by the motor trend as the truck of the year almost 7 years ago during its early days but still its popularity among truck enthusiast is still flourishing even at this moment.

Dodge Ram Seats - 4wd LE CC, PRG Advanced Coil Over Package w/rear Deaver Leafs (3" lift), 265/70R17 Definity Dakota AT
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)