Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
GM Trucks or maybe something heavier?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-11 9:39 AM
25 replies, 7669 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

threeman
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-10-11 9:39 AM (#1373 - in reply to #1348)
Subject: RE: GM Trucks or maybe something heavier?

I didnt claim I was driving a race. I stated what my truck was doing. I didnt ask for those types of opinions but this is the internet with a really BIG world out there so you get them. You cannot drive in rolling hills or mountains and maintain 70mph with a load. The cruise can be set yes you will constantly slow down and then make the truck work twice as hard trying to climb back up again. Its alot easier on the equipment if you let it build going down and then run 70 back up the hill. The only problems that we ever encounter on the highway are folks driving to slow in the fast lane. Most of which are on the cell phone. We drive and talk on the phone too but I dont quit driving to do so. Other than that we have good tires, good brakes, and I didnt start driving last week. My truck as stated above has a trailer connected to it nearly everyday. This makes a ton of difference. When my wife drives it makes me scared as heck because she doesnt have experience and really in my opinion doesnt read the road ahead. All of these factors come in to play. You can drive 70 and thats fine I have no problem with that. I however am not. I drive 70 or less around the house or on two lane roads but the interstate is a different ball game. I usually stay with traffic to keep from causing slow downs. Some of these guys and I saw this on the way home will bump their brakes and no one is in front of them. This causes 6 more vehicles behind you to do the same thing. It also causes someone in the lane next to you to do the same when they have no reason. Most of these people that do these types of things have no idea about pulling something. Its hard to get up to speed, you dont stop on a dime, you cant turn a 90 degree turn, etc. If they would pull things to for a change then they would have more courtesy for all drivers pulling loads. Anyway I could go on and on. I asked for opinions about the way the truck shifted and the fan clutch comes. I didnt ask someone to approve of my driving.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)