Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
F350 King Ranch key question
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-14 8:51 PM
3 replies, 6105 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

sweetas
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-11 11:45 AM (#4609)
Subject: F350 King Ranch key question

DH and I bought a 2006 model last Tuesday. They only had one key w/key fob. We even took it home over the weekend and looked it over, tried it out, but we failed to notice 2 things. One - there is no key hole for entry on the passenger side. Two - the key doesn't open the door even on the driver's side! Only the keyfob works. I had extra keys made and they do crank the truck. The "original" key we have does say Ford on it, so I don't think it's a copy, but it could be. It also has a keypad for a combination entry (which we don't have, but will be asking for!)

Is this normal?

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-01-12 10:47 PM (#4875 - in reply to #4609)
Subject: RE: F350 King Ranch key question

First the passeneger side has been changed out. It should have a keylock in it, so they most have used a handle from the back door which is cheaer to buy.

The drivers side door lock must have been changed as well.

As far as the keypad deal, you can take your truck to the a Ford dealer and they can get you the code that is programmed in the door and also tell you how to reprogram it. My local dealer just did an 2006 for me last week and the cost was 1 hour labor.

I would run a carfax or an autocheck just to make sure it is not a theft recovery since the door handles/ door locks have been changed.
sweetas
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-13 9:32 PM (#4916 - in reply to #4609)

We did have a carfax on it - all clear.

We took it to a Ford dealership today. The key actually did work, they just had to lube it alot (previous owner must've only used the fob!!). That's interesting about the passenger-side door, though. They are resetting the combination for us, free of charge, but we did have the re-align the wheels, so good PR for them, I think.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-01-14 8:51 PM (#4917 - in reply to #4916)

Sounds great.... Some dealer really try to earn customers and some don't care at all one way or the other.

The align is a good idea on the Fords. As long as you keep it straight and the tires rotated it will last a good while. Most people just do not understand that simple things like that and keeping the oil and all the filters changed make these trucks last for many miles.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)