Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Goodyear Duratrac on a dually?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-28 9:34 PM
1 replies, 6794 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

DuramaxDoll
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-28 5:46 PM (#4930)
Subject: Goodyear Duratrac on a dually?

I just love the look of those duratracs. I have a 2002 Silverado 3500 4x4 dually. I currently have firestone transforce HT 215 85 R16's on right now. They've done alright. I just want a beefier looking tire without having to increase my rim size. Would these tires work for general driving and towing? My dually could get stuck in 4 low on a banana peel I swear. I've been nearly stuck on wet grass when pulling my horse trailer...even with 4wd. I have not seen any reviews as to how these do for highway travel towing a big trailer. I don't want to make an expensive mistake. I do travel gravel roads and such when I go camping with my horses. I don't want to be stuck, but I'm doing 65-70 down the interstate to get to those remote places. Do you think this tire would meet my needs? I've read about weak sidewalls. I'm not rock climbing, but I don't want my duals rubbing together either. Opinions?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-01-28 9:34 PM (#4931 - in reply to #4930)
Subject: RE: Goodyear Duratrac on a dually?

Why would you think the duals wold rub together? The only way that would happen is if you went with a MUCH larger tire then you would need a spacer between the duals.

You could go up to a 235x85R16. This would be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wider and about 1 inch taller. The only thing this will effect on your truck is the speed o will be off just a little. If you are looking for a little wider tire, you can go with a 245x75R16, this will be about the same height as your stock tire but 1/2 to 1 inch wider which will still clear your duals.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)