Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
c4500 driving problem
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-20 4:10 PM
2 replies, 6832 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

genemiller
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-05 1:53 PM (#4955)
Subject: c4500 driving problem

Our 06 c4500 kodiak moves around a lot when ever you hit a rut in the road or an unlevel spot and it feels dangerous to drive.
Does anyone else have this trouble.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-04-06 10:47 PM (#4958 - in reply to #4955)
Subject: RE: c4500 driving problem

Have you had your tires checked? My 6500 does this when the tires need to be rotated. I have noticed when the weight I carry on it I have to rotate them way more oftem than normal.

So I would find a TRUCK tire dealer and see if they can balance and rotate them and make sure the tires do not have a belt coming apart. (look for high spots on the tread) These high spot will be along the tread not accross the tread. If you have spots accross the tread you need shocks.

So the first thing I would do is have someone move the truck forward real slow and you look at the tread and it there is a high spot you will see it right a way.

Hope this helps.
Spin Doctor
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-20 4:10 PM (#4965 - in reply to #4955)
Subject: RE: c4500 driving problem

We bought a brand new '06 in August of '09. The first few months, had the same problem. As the tires wore and we are getting used to it, the grabbing appears to be disappearing-have 14k on it now. Over the 1600 miles we put on it in the last 10 days, only once did I get "that feeling".

If it is like what ours did, we had no movement being transfered from the tires to the steering wheel or "fighting the wheel" when these events occurred-it felt like the tires grabbing, but I attributed it to just the chasis moving and the air ride seats/chasis making one lean into the rut (swaying)-compounding that bad feeling. It would be like a roller coaster-the wheels are still going straight on the track, but the cars move all over compounding that out of control feeling.

I visited with several truck drivers and mechanics and they said that is somewhat typical when one has air ride for the first time.....

Also, the dealer only had 55 psi in frt tires, they are at max. now and that might have helped it disappear also.

No abnormal wear has soon up or no vibrations.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)