Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New tires for Dodge dually...brand recommendations?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-06-20 12:39 PM
2 replies, 7172 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

ARRESTADO
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2010-06-15 11:08 PM (#4999)
Subject: New tires for Dodge dually...brand recommendations?

I have a 2007 Dodge dually 4x2 with less than 16K miles on it. Had a blow out the last trip we took --of course it was the inside rear dual. Got that fixed, however recently took the truck in for manufacturer recalls and Dodge informed us that all the tires are bad. Dodge did a front end alignment on the truck only to learn it didn't need one--it was pulling due to the steel belts separating on the tires.

I realize the truck is 3 years old, but 16K miles seems pretty light. What are the opinions about the tires (Genarac tires) and what would be good replacements? Do I have any recourse that anyone knows of ?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-06-18 3:40 PM (#5001 - in reply to #4999)
Subject: RE: New tires for Dodge dually...brand recommendations?

Sorry to hear about your tires. Been there done that, same tires. I rotate mine every 10-k miles and the originals made it to 40-k but was slick.

I replace all 6 of mine with NITTO DURA GRAPPLERS and love them. They hold the weight good, good handle on the hwy loaded and unloaded and good traction in the grass while getting hay. Mine was actually cheaper then other brands I priced.

ZERO RECOURSE on tires over a year old. What happened is your truck only has 16-k miles and 3 years old, but the tires was installed way before you bought the truck. Say you bought a truck new today, the tires on that truck was installed any where for 1 month to maybe ever upto 1 year before. So the belt problems is mainly from age and the heat we are having now. Mine lasted longer because of the amount of times I rotate them because I drive it everyday. Keeping tires parked on a truck is just as bed as keeping a trailer tire parked, if you dont drive much try parking on wood and covering the tires.
Myredheadlark
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-20 12:39 PM (#5005 - in reply to #4999)
Subject: RE: New tires for Dodge dually...brand recommendations?

I do not have a dually--just a 3/4 ton. I put BFG TKO (I think that's what they're called or very close to that) in load range E --- I believe they may have a similar tire in "commercial"

I drive rough roads and off road around the farm(s) And we have lot's of snow and mud. I have been very happy with the traction these give me---and I've nailed so stuff in the road and spun them in rocky stuff. I would say the traction and handling are excellent--and they are smooth for the highway.

Some people say they are noisy......driving a deisel I wouldn't notice myself ;-)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)