Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
05 Ford F-350 6.0 electrical problem HELP!!!
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-21 9:28 PM
2 replies, 10559 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

RockinH
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-02-08 4:10 PM (#2422)
Subject: 05 Ford F-350 6.0 electrical problem HELP!!!

Professional Instigator

Background........When I would run short distances and turn truck off, started slow.  Ended up leaving it running on short errands, seemed fine.  Went to start at home one morning, batteries dead.  Had them checked, both batteries shot.  We replaced both batteries.  A week later, went to start, left it run to warm up, died.  Put the chargers on it, fired up.  No guages were working, was running like crap.  Had it towed to shop.  Alternator was tested and replaced.  NOW, one week later, my battery light just came on........HELP!!!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
reddun25
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-21 2:52 PM (#4918 - in reply to #2422)
Subject: RE: 05 Ford F-350 6.0 electrical problem HELP!!!

We have the exact same truck and exact same problem. We did everything you did and finally replaced the batteries again...with expensive ones. Apparently what we had was not strong enough. Truck has been running like a dream since.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-01-21 9:28 PM (#4919 - in reply to #2422)
Subject: RE: 05 Ford F-350 6.0 electrical problem HELP!!!

Before you buy new batteries again, check you battery cable end really close and make sure they are CLEAN! I just bought a 2006 the owner just installed new batteries and alt and still had to jump start it.

I bought it, cleaned the cable ends, replaced 2 of them and starts like a champ!

Also check the wires going to the back of the alt. and mkae sure they are plugged in good and tight.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)