Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
08 Dodge diesel
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-17 12:15 PM
3 replies, 6479 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

sport565
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2009-03-27 9:26 AM (#2442)
Subject: 08 Dodge diesel

I have an 08 Dodge diesel with 9,000 miles on it. It has been in the shop 2x for check engine light. This time they said that it had too much oil in it, well it is still on the same oil change that it had while it was in there last week. Are people having alot of problems with these trucks? I am tired of this truck and having to take it to the dealership every week.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
sport565
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2009-04-15 2:00 PM (#2443 - in reply to #2442)
Subject: RE: 08 Dodge diesel

Well, my truck has been in the shop again since this visit. The check engine light keeps coming on. What is wrong with these trucks?
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-05-02 10:14 AM (#2447 - in reply to #2442)

I can't help you specifically with your Dodge, but I can tell you engines don't make oil! Generally when your oil level goes up, it's a problem with or around the injectors- something that is letting diesel fuel get into your lubricating oil. There are O rings around your injectors, and most of the time you'll find an O-ring failure. The other thing that can raise your oil level is coolant, but your engine won't run long with coolant in the oil. And the most obvious sign that is happening is the oil will turn a milky color, or have milky streaks in it when you pull the dipstick. Good luck, and let us know what you find out. 
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-17 12:15 PM (#2532 - in reply to #2443)

sport565 - 2009-04-15 2:00 PM

Well, my truck has been in the shop again since this visit. The check engine light keeps coming on. What is wrong with these trucks?

Sorry I missed this post some how. But here goes, the egr and DPF on these trucks are worthless! I removed all of mine and installed a H&S delete kit along with a XRT programer. As of now with over 15-k on the new toys, the truck runs better than ever, better sound, better fuel mileage, can tow in regular drive with no troubles and NO CEL's!

The bad thing is I had to spend just over a $1000.00 to make this truck run like the factory should make them run.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)