Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
1 ton????
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-05 11:23 PM
1 replies, 5064 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

PRAIRIEOUTLAW
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-05 10:19 AM (#2469)
Subject: 1 ton????

I'm kinda having trouble deciding with all the changes going on now days. I've always been a Ford man and currenly have a 250 with the powerstroke, but Chevy has the best tranny on the market. Dodge is defiantely cheaper. I'm pulling a 35' 5th wheeler weighing in around 10K. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like an unbias test of the three, but I guess that is alot to ask. I'm honestly considering buying a used truck also because I really don't like the new restrictions on the diesels. I wish I could just keep my 250 because it has been so good to me, but I'm afraid the load is a bit too much for that vehicle for the long run. Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by PRAIRIEOUTLAW 2009-07-05 10:30 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-07-05 11:23 PM (#2472 - in reply to #2469)
Subject: RE: 1 ton????

I am a used dealer and have drove and used all of the above. Everyday drive with light to no load I would buy a Chevy product, anything other than that I would buy either a Dodge with the 5.9L cummins or the Ford with either engine. Yeah I said either, after tons of research I have had really good luck with the 6.0L that everyone hates. With some simple changes and upgrades they can be really great engines with better transmissions than the 7.3L's had.

Ford has a little mor comfort than Dodge, but the 5.9L Cummins is a real powerhouse!

Just stay away from any of them with the new crap (dpf)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)