Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Towing question
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-10 6:04 PM
1 replies, 5566 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

bhon
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-07 10:56 PM (#2477)
Subject: Towing question

I know this has already been covered but I wanted to make sure since I have exact information. I own a 2005 3/4 ton Dodge Diesal quad cab short bed with 4WD. I am planning on pulling an Exiss 3H LQ horse trailer to the Appalachian mountains in Virginia. I had the trailer weighed (without the truck) and it weighs a little over 10,000 lbs. We will be hauling 3 horses and hay on the top hay rack. I'm adding another 4,000 pounds for this. We use this truck to haul this trailer on short weekend trips and it does fine but this is the first time we have hauled this far and I'm told the mountains are pretty steep. I was told by various different people that it should be fine however, is there anybody out there that knows for sure??? Or is pretty sure? I tried looking up the weight ratings and all that in the owners manual but I don't understand all the numbers? I also have trailer brakes installed. Will that be enough to slow us down?

Thanks in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-07-10 6:04 PM (#2480 - in reply to #2477)
Subject: RE: Towing question

How big is your LQ for it to weight 10-klbs? Our Sundowner is a (10'lq)8010 3 horse and it only weighs around 9400lbs and it has a steel frame.

Yes, you have enough truck, just make sure your trailer brakes are in good working order.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)