Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Who insures these big diesel hauler truck?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-25 5:08 AM
6 replies, 9220 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

janerides
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2009-09-25 9:03 PM (#2523)
Subject: Who insures these big diesel hauler truck?

I am a recreational user... pulling an LQ trailer with a Freightliner Showhauler... now, our insurance company tells us they don't insure semis... what are you other folks doing?? thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-09-25 10:09 PM (#2524 - in reply to #2523)
Subject: RE: Who insures these big diesel hauler truck?

Who is your company? We had the same problem with farm burea insurance and ours is just a c/c Dodge 1-ton with a hauler bed. Said it was a commerical truck. I will look up our policy on Saturday and let you know who we use.
janerides
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2009-09-26 2:30 PM (#2525 - in reply to #2523)

Thanks. We currently have Farmers, they tried to go through one of their mutual companies, to no avail... Thats funny since we have four vehicles, two horse trailers, a boat, and two farms insured with them...huh. I bet someone would love to have our business.
kid2watch
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-24 1:30 PM (#2548 - in reply to #2525)

We have a 4400 International Hauler, our insurance is carried through State Farm with Foremest. The truck and trailer are insured under one policy, 2 units as a RV. The insurance on ours was $600.00 per year cheaper this way than my Dodge one ton and the same trailer.
wyocowboy
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2009-10-24 4:27 PM (#2549 - in reply to #2523)

we have our freightliner insured with progressive. U have to tell them that it is an RV or they will put u in the commerical side of things. Ours is like 87 a month way cheaper then a 1 ton dually.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-24 9:59 PM (#2550 - in reply to #2523)

I forgot to look mine up. But we had no choice but to get a commers. policy because the truck had no bed from the factory. And since the truck is drove not only to haul the horses, but to haul the tractor and hay with we could not use the RV insuance policy. Would not cover and not near enough coverage.

Our Dodge 3500 C/C truck is only 75.per month with a replacement value of 40-k.
janerides
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2009-10-25 5:08 AM (#2551 - in reply to #2523)

Hey there. We ended up with a mutual company out of Farmers..the truck itself is classified an RV since it has a slideout kitchen/stove/sink/h2o/tiny fridge unit, and a fold down bed in the crew cab... we are paying 195. every six months, full coverage. It seems to have all the liability, comp/collision limits (250/500) that we need. Thanks for your replies... By the way..we had to move one of our other vehicles over to retain coverage for this unit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)