Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
04 F250 6.0L
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-21 4:59 PM
4 replies, 6552 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

whoapony
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-10-15 8:59 PM (#2527)
Subject: 04 F250 6.0L

Hi, I'm usually on the BHW side of things but my truck did something funky today when at an idle it would loose oil pressure and my check gauge light would come on.  It only does this @ an idle.  I called the dealership, luckily know one of the service writers and he told me that there is a notice out regarding the high pressure fuel pump with it causing this.  My complaint is that 1. the truck only has 62,800 miles on it and it is 4 months and 15 days out of warranty.  when I spoke with the service writer and asked it if Ford was helping any body out with this he stated no, because of the  economy.  What would be my best way to go about contacting ford and to see if they could cover some of the cost to repair this.  I was quoted 3K for the repair he stated the pump (part) was 1700.00 Or would I just be better off trading it in for a Dodge or GM ?  I'm afraid to let hubby tackle this one a 302 is one thing but my truck is something else
Thanks for any insight...
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-16 11:25 PM (#2529 - in reply to #2527)
Subject: RE: 04 F250 6.0L

whoapony - 2009-10-15 8:59 PM

Hi, I'm usually on the BHW side of things but my truck did something funky today when at an idle it would loose oil pressure and my check gauge light would come on.  It only does this @ an idle.  I called the dealership, luckily know one of the service writers and he told me that there is a notice out regarding the high pressure fuel pump with it causing this.  My complaint is that 1. the truck only has 62,800 miles on it and it is 4 months and 15 days out of warranty.  when I spoke with the service writer and asked it if Ford was helping any body out with this he stated no, because of the  economy.  What would be my best way to go about contacting ford and to see if they could cover some of the cost to repair this.  I was quoted 3K for the repair he stated the pump (part) was 1700.00 Or would I just be better off trading it in for a Dodge or GM ?  I'm afraid to let hubby tackle this one a 302 is one thing but my truck is something else
Thanks for any insight...

First off, they are trying to STICK IT TO YOU! You can buy the HPOP aftermarket for well under a $1000. and labor should run under or around $500. depending on your location.
Second, have you had any service work done or has it been in the shop for any issues like that or even the egr system? If so, call another dealer then call Ford direct! If you do keep your truck in my opinion I would not only install a new HPOP but I would also install a egr cooler delete kit, new oil cooler and get rid of your next headache. It would be a waste of time and money to do the HPOP and not do anything with the egr stuff or the oil cooler. The last items I mentioned is more than likely what caused the HPOP problems.. I have a wesite from a diesel mag that goes into great details about the 6.0 engine as far as problems and how to solve the problems before they start. I will add it on Saturday.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-17 12:07 PM (#2531 - in reply to #2527)

Here is the website that will direct you to information on the 6.0 diesel problem solvers. www.dieselpowermag.com just scroll down and find the tech section for the 6.0 stuff. Also you can check out www.powerstroke.org and find info as well.

I tried to get Dave to use the information on this site as well as HTW since there is so many horse people with Ford 6.0 Powerstroke engine.
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-10-21 10:32 AM (#2534 - in reply to #2527)

HTB, do you have a shop? How long does it take you to do the EGR delete? I know people up her that would gladly take a couple of days and take their truck to them if they knew that would fix their problems with them! Heck, maybe you need to set up a mobile truck and a schedule- Colrado this week, Kansas next week, etc.! 
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-21 4:59 PM (#2535 - in reply to #2534)

windy - 2009-10-21 10:32 AM

HTB, do you have a shop? How long does it take you to do the EGR delete? I know people up her that would gladly take a couple of days and take their truck to them if they knew that would fix their problems with them! Heck, maybe you need to set up a mobile truck and a schedule- Colrado this week, Kansas next week, etc.! 

No, I do not have a shop. I am a used car dealer in Ft.Worth and I buy alot of these type trucks with high miles. I have a shop that I use and it takes him about 4/6 hours if I have the parts for him. I buy the parts from www.liberatorperformance.net.

I have had a few of these done on the 6.0's and they work really well. I have not had to do the head bolts on any 6.0's yet, but I am not added much power to them either. Most of the time I only upgrade them around 70hp or so for towing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)