Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
F350 Oil Cooling Unit
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-27 10:10 AM
2 replies, 6504 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jade
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-10-25 5:12 PM (#2553)
Subject: F350 Oil Cooling Unit

Took our 2005 F350 in for routine oil change and fluid check. No problems to report. Mechanic calls to tell me the radiator was full of oil and the oil cooling unit had ruptured. Cost is $3000 plus to repair and he'll have the truck for two weeks at least while he bleeds out all of the oil that has gotten into everything.

I've never had this problem in any of our previous Ford or Chevy trucks. Does anyone have any info on this? Mechanic said the part must have been faulty. Not sure who to believe.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-25 9:35 PM (#2555 - in reply to #2553)
Subject: RE: F350 Oil Cooling Unit

Jade - 2009-10-25 5:12 PM

Took our 2005 F350 in for routine oil change and fluid check. No problems to report. Mechanic calls to tell me the radiator was full of oil and the oil cooling unit had ruptured. Cost is $3000 plus to repair and he'll have the truck for two weeks at least while he bleeds out all of the oil that has gotten into everything.

I've never had this problem in any of our previous Ford or Chevy trucks. Does anyone have any info on this? Mechanic said the part must have been faulty. Not sure who to believe.

First off, the oil cooling unit, being the oil cooler in the radiator or the actual oil cooler on the engine.
If it is the oil cooler on the engine this is one of the big problems on the 6.0 engines. (mainly the 05 models) Go to www.dieselpowermag.com and you can find the write up about the 6.0L giving you info on what to look for, what year models hve the most problems and best way to repair them.
If it is the oil cooler in the radiator, just replace the radiator!

Second, The price he give you sound REALLY HIGH to me, then the time frame is way too long. These parts are in stock items at just about every FORD dealer. Also check out libiratorperformance.com for aftermarker oil coolers and egr delete kits.
If out what all he is going to replace, then call either Liberator Performance and the FORD parts department and get a price on just the parts. To Flush the cooling system will take about 2 hours to do it right and you can use just about any radiator flush from the auto supply store.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-27 10:10 AM (#2557 - in reply to #2553)
Subject: RE: F350 Oil Cooling Unit

My bad, the website for liberatorperformance is .net not .com!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)