Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2010 F350's
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-23 10:09 PM
3 replies, 7713 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

janjan1
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2009-11-19 10:28 AM (#2590)
Subject: 2010 F350's

My DH and I are ordering me my 25th wedding anniversey gift. A new truck. I plan on placing my order for a 2010 F350 super cab automatic with SRW, diesel. Other than that basic information, is there any problems heard of concerning these trucks or what should I stear clear of when ordering.
This truck will be used to haul horses, tractors and general farm use.
I should also mention, that it will be decked out with all the bells & whistles available. Including navagational system. Any must haves you guys know about?
TIA
Jan
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-11-19 9:19 PM (#2591 - in reply to #2590)
Subject: RE: 2010 F350's

I really like these trucks, but the fuel mileage is POOR, POOR, POOR....

Did I mention POOR fuel mileage?

I have drove a hand full of these trucks with 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, single wheel and dual wheel and they all have been very bad in the fuel mileage range. The best I have go out of the new model was in a 2 wheel drive F-250 single wheel crew cab with 3.55 gears, automatic tranny and if I drove it easy I could get almost 15 unloaded. But with the 3.55 gear it was lacking in the towing department with a heavy load, really needed 3.73 or 4.10 gears. Loaded this truck would only get around 10 mpg....
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-11-23 7:29 PM (#2601 - in reply to #2590)

Sometime this spring Ford will start shipping their new 2011 truck.  It will have a new Ford built 6.7L Diesel engine. The manufactures are going away from the EGR and using a newer technology of injecting UREA into the exhaust to reduce emmissions.   All of the manufactures ( Ford, Dodge and GM) claim this change will increase fuel mileage.

The new Ford diesel engine will be radically different that any of the previous Powerstroke engines. They are claiming more power and better fuel mileage than the current diesel. Of couse you will have to decide if you want to be the first on the block to own a new technolgy engine.  Ford is boasting that this engine has more test miles than any previous diesel. But there are a lot of people un-happy with Ford over the problems the 6.0L engine had when it came out in 2003. You should be able to get some pretty good discount on the outgoing 2010 models. but don't expect any rebates special interest for some time to come for the new models.  I would expect any Ford truck built after February will be the new model.  But it will really depend on when Ford actually ships the new model. They have already shown it at the Texas State Fair in September and it's on all the websites. So it's not far into the future.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-11-23 10:09 PM (#2602 - in reply to #2590)

The big problem I am seeing with this new system is the extra fluid you will need to buy at the cost of 2.50 plus per gallon. Then from what I have been reading this wold need to be refilled every 5-k to 7-k miles depending on towing and regen cycles...

Plus what you mentioned about having the "new kid on the block". It maybe a great engine, but after the history they are having with "new" ideas I would have to wait utill they have some miles before I would take a chance.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)