Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
medium duty trucks
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-07 8:13 PM
3 replies, 6917 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

runninbarrels
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2009-12-13 10:52 PM (#2896)
Subject: medium duty trucks

hey guys, im new to this board and was hoping to be able to get some information. ive been looking into getting a new truck and just can't seem to become crazy about any of the new trucks. i pull a fairly big trailer, 14' shortwall lq. i have been tossing around the idea of getting a used medium duty truck, m2 or 4400. im not worried about mileage, i figure itll end up being about the same, 10-12 neighborhood.

my main questions about this that i really don't know about, price of insurance and price of payments. as far as the payments, have any of you purchased a used truck and if so, how have you financed it? im looking at a 3-4 year old truck, around $70-80k, will the interest kill me? what kind of payments do you think ill be looking at?

thanks for any info
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-12-15 12:04 PM (#2907 - in reply to #2896)
Subject: RE: medium duty trucks

Well just a shot in the dark, but just guessing from what I have seen a used truck will not finance as long as a new one will therfor your payments on a 70-k rig will still be upwards of 800.00 or so...

When buying new most will have the option of going a longer term to lower the payment.

Interest rate is like buying a horse trailer, all depends on you credit score and credit history. Most are looked at as RV's so the finance companies look at them as being toys instead of a "have to have item".
bulldogger
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-05 12:39 PM (#3365 - in reply to #2896)

I'm currently checking on the same thing...I found that a home equity line of credit is the cheapest per month way for me to get one of these trucks.... However, the insurance and plate are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! Like ridiculous...I'm starting to think i"ll just keep wearing out pick ups and it'll still be cheaper in the long run....just my opinion
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-01-07 8:13 PM (#3826 - in reply to #3365)

bulldogger - 2010-01-05 12:39 PM
trucks.... However, the insurance and plate are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! Like ridiculous...

My insurance was not that bad, but it was insured for RV use.. The plate can be alitte high, but "pay to play"!

Or go with farm tags!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)