Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
looking for a freightliner on a budget
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-11-07 7:56 PM
7 replies, 6689 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

dano
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-07 8:08 PM (#2124)
Subject: looking for a freightliner on a budget

new to this site ! good listings im looking for a sportchassis under 50 000 I have been looking does anyone know where one is besides e bay or truck trader
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Mac
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-07 9:07 PM (#2125 - in reply to #2124)
Subject: RE: looking for a freightliner on a budget

Hi

We are looking for the same thing..........Try Horsetrailerworld.com

I found one last night that was an older model that was loaded with very low miles in Ga.
hickory
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-23 10:38 PM (#2144 - in reply to #2124)

Have you thought about a big truck? They will out last and out perform a mid size truck and cost alot less. If they have been maintained properly you can not wear one out pulling a horse trailer.
cvinson
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-26 2:55 PM (#2149 - in reply to #2124)

I Have a Perfect 2005 Freighliner with 330Hp and White with Leather that I bought Brand New in July of 2005 with 40,000 Miles and it is a Sportchassis We have only used it a dozen times this year and we want 82500.00
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-10-29 10:28 AM (#2151 - in reply to #2124)

As you are looking, be aware that medium duty trucks can have many different powertrain combinations. The less desireable combinations will generally be priced less, and there usually is a reason for that. And what works for someone in the midwest or southeast might not work quite as well in the rocky mountains.

Bill

2LCUSTOMTRUCKS
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2007-11-06 4:25 PM (#2156 - in reply to #2124)

I have been building these trucks for a living for 19 years. You can rest assured when you are looking at USED medium dutys you will get exactly what you are paying for......There is no shortcut. One deal may look a little better than another but in the long run your odds of "stealing" a used MDT (medium duty truck) are about as high as stealing a good horse now days.
Be careful when you are looking at used MDTs. This is a very slippery slope. The demand for these trucks is high right now as the pickups are getting sorrier and sorrier. The trailers are getting bigger and insurance and weight regulations are getting tighter. Anytime you get a feeding frenzy like we have right now, the automotive based crooks come out of the woodwork. There are trucks all over the web that have the appearance and background of being for sale by an individual. I WOULD NOT BUY A USED MDT RIGHT NOW THAT DID NOT COME FROM A "PRO-BUILDER", AND I WOULD CALL THAT BUILDER AND TRY TO VERIFY THE TRUCK BEFORE PURCHASE. 2L CUSTOM TRUCKS, WESTERN HAULER, SPORTCHASSIS ARE NOT GOING TO BUILD A TRUCK ON A CHASSIS THAT IS NOT DESIREABLE. WE ARE TOO OVERLOADED WITH ORDERS TO START WITH JUNK. IT WILL GIVE YOU MORE RESALE ON THE OTHER END....
Wayland Long, pres.
www.2LCustomTrucks.com
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-11-07 11:27 AM (#2157 - in reply to #2124)

Wayland, glad to see you found this website. Your experience and insite will be an asset to this board!

Bill Jenks
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-11-07 7:56 PM (#2160 - in reply to #2157)

Wayland, welcome to Working Truck World.  We've been waiting for your expertise over here and hope to hear you respond to more posts  about the Middle Duty Truck marketplace. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)