Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
thoughts on trucks
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-25 7:38 PM
1 replies, 5310 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

brokeropers
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-01-24 7:40 PM (#1645)
Subject: thoughts on trucks

Getting bigger LQ trailer - want to get bigger truck. Looking into Chev/GMC 4500 vs Freightliner FL 60 types. Would like your input as to what is good and bad, any experiences with either type, etc. etc. etc.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-01-25 7:38 PM (#1646 - in reply to #1645)
Subject: RE: thoughts on trucks

First, how big a trailer? Second, what do you need on the truck, 4X4, auto trans, crewcab, etc.? I have an IH 4900 and if I had it to do over again I would get a bigger truck (eventually I'm going to). Most medium duty trucks are fairly low powered (for their size and weight), fuel thirsty, and expensive compared to used heavy duty trucks (they are still thirsty but at least make decent power), what I'm saying is don't expect a medium truck to be a real powerhouse and be fuel efficient when you're pulling a heavy trailer..... they will do it just fine though. I would suggest researching heavy trucks as an option before you decide what you want. Here's a link to people who use them to pull big 5th wheels http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/353102588
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)