Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Q for Mr Truck: Is my vehicle safe??
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-19 1:45 AM
3 replies, 5036 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

nolefan
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-03-14 10:10 PM (#1714)
Subject: Q for Mr Truck: Is my vehicle safe??

I am pulling a 2 horse BP with a dressing room weighing about 3,200 pounds.  I only haul one horse, do not put any items in front dressing room, and carry about 75 lbs of stuff in the rear tack.

I am pulling with a 05 expedition 4 by 4 which has the towing package and 3.73 axle.  I do have the WHD and the brake controller.  We pull about once to twice a month, never more than 75 miles.

I am safe?? Or really pushing the margin???

When its time to trade this vehicle (probably about 2 years away), will a Surburban 2500 tow as good as a truck?

Thanks forr your advise and comments. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MrTruck
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-03-18 1:48 AM (#1715 - in reply to #1714)
Subject: RE: Q for Mr Truck: Is my vehicle safe??

Sounds less than 5000 lbs loaded. You should be fine. Hope the wdh has sway control. The 05 Expedition has independent rear suspension. Which moves around a bit, the Suburban 2500 still uses leaf springs on a mono beam axle like a truck which is a better trailer combination. Your Expedition should be rated over 7000 lb max tow capacity with that axle ratio. In 2007 Ford came out with the EL Expedition which is similar to a Suburban wheelbase.
nolefan
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-03-18 9:45 PM (#1716 - in reply to #1714)

Thanks Mr Truck for replying .  Our WDH - which is a Drawtite - currently does not have sway control.  It there an effective sway control system available that we could that have installed that does not involve cutting the trailer?  (it doesn't have a open frame).

Thank you!

MrTruck
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2007-03-19 1:45 AM (#1717 - in reply to #1714)

The blade type sway control for a Draw-Tite bolts to the outside of the tongue frame.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)