Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Overdrive light blinking.. help?!
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-24 11:35 PM
4 replies, 7592 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

P~WHorses
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-02 1:18 PM (#2105)
Subject: Overdrive light blinking.. help?!

My overdrive light is blinking and my truck is shifting a little early and very hard.. They cant get it in to put it on the machine until this weekend. Any clues?? Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-10-04 2:02 PM (#2109 - in reply to #2105)
Subject: RE: Overdrive light blinking.. help?!

I think I had a truck do this a few years ago, but I can't remember what the problem was. That light blinking is kind of like the check engine light- it means it has detected a problem and set a code. If it's shifting hard, I don't think I'd drive it until you get it looked at.  
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-10-06 8:23 PM (#2123 - in reply to #2105)

P~WHorses - 2007-10-02 2:18 PM My overdrive light is blinking and my truck is shifting a little early and very hard.. They cant get it in to put it on the machine until this weekend. Any clues?? Thanks

Which Model Truck are we discussing?
BlackPearl03
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2007-11-29 9:10 PM (#2185 - in reply to #2105)

03 F350 7.3 is what i drive. and mine blinks sometimes as well, but then other times, it is just off. I had thought it was my bulb going out. Hope im not having the same problem you are. Cant tell if mine shifts rougher, cause i just put a new torque converter and a computer upgrade to beef up the transmission line pressures which gives it a firmer shift to better the towing and life of my tranny. When you do get it figured out, let us know.
Richey
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-24 11:35 PM (#2236 - in reply to #2105)

I've had this problem with my F350 for many years and it happens on mine when I drive up a hill, even one that's not very steep. If your ABS light is on and your transmission feels like it's jumping around and your O/D light is flashing or ANY OF THE ABOVE, the fix is a $30 speed sensor on the top of the pumpkin in almost all cases. It's very common and the dealers keep a lot of them in stock. It just takes a minute to replace. Unplug it, one bolt and its out. You won’t even get dirty. A temporary fix involves disconnecting one of the battery cables and then reconnecting it.

Edited by Richey 2008-02-24 11:38 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)