Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
My search won't work...question about chips in 2000 Fords
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-09-07 6:59 PM
5 replies, 6258 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

brdrline
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-03-19 11:09 PM (#2435)
Subject: My search won't work...question about chips in 2000 Fords

Sparky

My chip died and my current mechanic is not about using chips so I told him I would drive it without for awhile and see if I could take it.

I HATE IT!

I cannot have a Ford without a chip.  No question.  So can I still use a "chip" or have they come out with some new type of "chip" that just plugs inside the truck? for 2000 models? 

Which chips have you had the best results from?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
djkrash
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2009-03-22 6:50 AM (#2439 - in reply to #2435)
Subject: RE: My search won't work...question about chips in 2000 Fords

There are alot of chips, modules and programmers out there. I would suggest joing a forum that is dedicated to your truck and engine and ask questions. Have you changed the intake and exhaust yet? If not you might think about that, it goes a long way to waking up your engine. I don't know if this is a diesel or not. You might look at Banks or Edge. Good luck. Dan
Barrel_Racer447
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-27 10:17 PM (#2488 - in reply to #2435)

I was told not to chip my Ford. My dad and others have always said that if Ford mot.co. wanted them chiped them would have done so themselves. The chip shortens the lifetime of the truck. I'm not too sure about it, I just drive mine w/o the chip and it pulls just fine.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-07-28 12:14 PM (#2491 - in reply to #2435)

brdrline - 2009-03-19 11:09 PM

My chip died and my current mechanic is not about using chips so I told him I would drive it without for awhile and see if I could take it.

I HATE IT!

I cannot have a Ford without a chip.  No question.  So can I still use a "chip" or have they come out with some new type of "chip" that just plugs inside the truck? for 2000 models? 

Which chips have you had the best results from?

TS PERFORMANCE has a great product that is a 4 bank, 6 poss. chip and a cost of under 300 buck! I have used a number of chips and downloaders and this is by far the best I have used.
wyocowboy
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2009-09-04 1:52 PM (#2513 - in reply to #2435)

I have a 03 7.3l powerstroke. It just rolled over 220,000 miles on it. It has the Banks 6 guns and sometimes I run a bully dogg programer with it. I choose to not think that it shortin engine life. I personally think that a little extra power makes them run like they should. I also upgraded my exhaust to 4 inch and that made a big difference. I like Banks, edge and bully dogg for any pickup.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-09-07 6:59 PM (#2514 - in reply to #2513)

Banks is a great product, but the price it way to high! Edge and Bully Dog on Ford Product increase the fuel too much and rasie the EGT to unsafe levels when towing (even on the lowest settings).

Edge products is great on Dodge and GM trucks, Bully Dog I have used on Ford and Dodge and was not impressed at all. Well unless you are in it for the black smoke!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)