Working Truck World
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What are your opinions on this truck?
Moderators: windy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-08-24 9:32 PM
7 replies, 6490 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Truck Talk
Refresh
Message format

Barrel_Racer447
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-27 10:19 PM (#2489)
Subject: What are your opinions on this truck?

2004 Ford F-350 dually. It's a 4 door and a 4 wheel drive. I already have the truck, I'm just wondering if any of you like or dislike the type and for what reason. Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-07-28 12:12 PM (#2490 - in reply to #2489)
Subject: RE: What are your opinions on this truck?

I love them, because most people take them to a Ford dealer to get worked on the the stealership gives the customer a line of crap and the customer trades their truck in and I get to buy them cheap and fix them and make big money on them.....

Yes, the 6.0's have a bad name, but it is mainly because people install high power chips without upgrading the cooling system. The egr is the biggest problem with these truck and the stealership will try and charge you almost 2000. buck or more to replace the egr cooler. When in fact the best fix is to by-pass it and be done. This can be done for under 1000. buck and NEVER have to worry about it again!
Barrel_Racer447
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-28 7:57 PM (#2492 - in reply to #2490)

hogtownboss - 2009-07-28 12:12 PM

I love them, because most people take them to a Ford dealer to get worked on the the stealership gives the customer a line of crap and the customer trades their truck in and I get to buy them cheap and fix them and make big money on them.....

Yes, the 6.0's have a bad name, but it is mainly because people install high power chips without upgrading the cooling system. The egr is the biggest problem with these truck and the stealership will try and charge you almost 2000. buck or more to replace the egr cooler. When in fact the best fix is to by-pass it and be done. This can be done for under 1000. buck and NEVER have to worry about it again!

Well, my dad's a mechanic, so I don't have to worry about that. :)

My truck's a 6.0, but I'm not chipping it. The only problem I have had was something to do with the fan shrawl. <Sorry, I can't spell it. lol> Do you know about them? Are they supposed to lock up sometimes as you drive, b/c mine does?.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-07-29 5:07 PM (#2493 - in reply to #2492)

The fan clutch? The fan clutch should kick on and off as needed when using the air or when it gets hotter outside or while towing!
Barrel_Racer447
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-30 10:07 PM (#2494 - in reply to #2493)

hogtownboss - 2009-07-29 5:07 PM

The fan clutch? The fan clutch should kick on and off as needed when using the air or when it gets hotter outside or while towing!

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks, that's what it does. I've never owned a truck like this, that's why I'm asking about it. It's always hot outside here in South Louisiana, and I'm always towing. lol. Thanks again for the help.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-08-10 1:30 PM (#2502 - in reply to #2494)

No problem, you never know until you ask!
Cummins boy
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2009-08-21 9:39 AM (#2506 - in reply to #2489)

We have two of them out at our ranch (their choice, not ours). One is an 05 I believe and the other is an 07, and personally, I would NEVER buy one. Yes they do ok but I know there are better options when it comes to the engines, the 6.0 just dosen't seem to have the raw power that I love (no offense to your truck barrel racer). As long as your not pulling a really big load, the 6.0s ok, but we pull a 36 ft. 5 horse lq trailer with the extra large shell, and I wouldn't have a 6.0 for that. With that being said Ford makes a heck of a body. My dream truck would be a F350 body with a 5.9 Cummins and the Allison tranny.
hogtownboss
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-08-24 9:32 PM (#2509 - in reply to #2489)

The 6.0's have plenty of power. Most people just don't know how to use it without trying to put a big programmer on them. Sure programmers work, but there is a few other things that need to be done to the 6.0's before adding big power programmers.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)